To: <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, February 27, 2008 4:03 PM
Subject: [WDSCI-L] Setting up a compile in WDSC...Another Try

I had asked this question before but I believe part of the problem was due
to too many call layers. I have set up a new "chopped down" version of a
compile procedure for Cobol programs. The reason I want to call a procedure
instead of using the supplied CRTCBLPGM is because the input library sets
the library list so the copybooks will be found according to the correct
library list. Also, the compiled object is placed in a different library.
eg. If person is compiling out of ISPS56A, the CL program will put this
library plus a couple of other default libraries in the library list, sets
the output library for the PGM parameter to be ISPO56A and then runs
CRTCBLPGM.

When I run this, the compile is run but the errors are not returned to
iSeries Error List. I have looked at all comments and references from last
time which includes putting /* OPTION(*EVENTF) SRCMBR(&N) */ at end of
command. There was another listing that said to use /* *EVENTF SRCMBR(&N)
*/ which I tried also. The entire command is WDCBLCOMP PGM(&N) SRCLIB(&L)
SRCFILE(&F) /* *EVENTF SRCMBR(&N) */. I set up a command call WDCBLCOMP
as well as a CL program. The CL program calls an in-house routine to set
the library list and the output library and then runs CRTCBLPGM as
following:

CRTCBLPGM PGM(&OBJLIB/&PGM) SRCFILE(&SRCLIB/SRCE) OPTION(*SOURCE *LSTDBG
*APOST *XREF *MAP).

I also went into preferences for iSeries Command Execution and unchecked
"Compile in batch".
I read some info written by Bruce Guetzkow and Kushal Munir regarding
running a command. It says you have to write the events file location to
the local data area. How do I do that? And where would I find the data
area that is used by my WDSC session? I tried adding following two commands
after the CRTBLPGM call but nothing happened:
CHGDTAARA DTAARA(*LDA (1 10)) VALUE(&OBJLIB)
CHGDTAARA DTAARA(*LDA (11 10)) VALUE(&PGM)