I have one user who wants to start using WDSCi & RSE to replace PDM/SEU.
He had an older 5.x version installed which we uninstalled (along with the
distributed debugger and code tools). I even went through his pc and
deleted anything resembling the old wdsc installs.

We then started the install using a very recent set of cd media to install
7.0.

The 1st cd installed the Installation Manager which proceeded to prompt us
allow it update itself to IM 1.1.0.2

Afterwards we started the actual CD install (7.0.0.2) and it prompted to
check for updates and it found 7.0.0.4 which we selected for install.

About two hours later the install appeared to be hung up so we cancelled
it and did the above clean up and restarted the process. It finished in
about an hour but when we tried to start it we got an 'Eclipse' error
window with the first statement stating "JVM Terminated. Exit Code = 1".
This is followed by what I think are a bunch of start up parms. (The
javaw.exe is in the folder where it is expected to be - according to the
error message.)

So we did the whole uninstall/cleanup thing again and this time we did a
regedit and scanned for 'RATIONAL' and removed all references. This also
pointed out a few other WDSC related registry entries which we also
deleted.

Once that was done we installed again but got stuck at the same place with
the same Eclipse error window. So I had him uninstall Java (he was at 2.0)
and install the latest (6.0.3). We tried to restart again and got the same
Eclipse error window.

At the bottom of the Eclipse error window the last line always said "-jar
C:\Program Files\IBM\SDP70\startup.jar"

So we drilled to that location and just clicked on the startup jar and we
were prompted for the workspace. This actually got us to the point where
he can use it so I had him create a desktop shortcut to the jar so he can
use wdsci.

Now the question is, how do we get around this Eclipse error window? It's
not a show stopper anymore but it would be nice to be able to resolve
this.

We did try deleteing the .metadata object and let it rebuild. I also saw
some suggestions here about deleting org.eclipse but I think those refer
to older versions because we could find anything with that specific name.
I did see a link to an IBM solution but didn't try it. Right now he can
use it so we don't want to 'break' it by attempting to fix a minor
annoyance.

Hope this helps anyone else should they experience this problem.

Regards, Jerry

Gerald Kern - MIS Project Leader
Lotus Notes/Domino Administrator
IBM Certified RPG IV Developer
The Toledo Clinic, Inc.
4235 Secor Road
Toledo, OH 43623-4299
Phone 419-479-5535
gkern@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

information. Any unauthorized use, disclosure or distribution is
prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please inform the
sender by reply e-mail and destroy this and all copies of this message.