wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 02/14/2008 11:39:02 AM:

date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 10:33:24 -0600
from: Joe Pluta <joepluta@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] ADTS V6R1 - No SEU updates?
. . .
. . .
. . .
And really, it's not a mixed message. WDSC is done. Get over it. It
was a bad decision to give all that functionality away for free and IBM
is fixing it, painful as it is to everyone . . . .

Yea, quite possibly most painful to IBM and the System i community. It
just might be the final push to MS-development tools. For instance
because of our nonprofit status, we can buy the entire license to Visual
Studio for less than the annual software maintenance looks like it's going
to be for RDi let alone RDi-SOA. As a nonprofit, the cost of the tools is
always going to play a big part in decisions. In this case, I have to
side with Jon--SEU getting updates that WDSC won't sends a terribly mixed
and potentially frustrating message.

Joe, as a side note I usually really enjoy reading your posts to this list
(and anywhere else you write). However, "Get over it." probably is going
to evoke the same kind of feelings/responses as the "RTFM"-type comments
have. People may get over it by going over to the other side--i.e.,
MS-development. I thought I ought to bring this up because I wouldn't
have posted anything in this thread if it weren't for the above quoted
paragraph.

BTW-I am preparing a note to Sam Palmisano on his complaint web page. I'm
just making certain I have the numbers right from our purchase/payment
history. It can be *really* disconcerting to look at how much we've paid
for the tools. Maybe Rational didn't see any of that, but that's IBM's
bad decision. To have shops like ours make up for their "bad decision" is
just another bad decision. Instead they should reallocate some of the
money they've already gotten from us.

Okay, there's my opinion.