Tom Zamara wrote:
Can anyone advise me on how to initiate the installation? Running Setup.exe on disk 1 always errors out with a message box stating falsely that this must be run by an administrator, but even the administrator cannot run it. He thinks there must be a bug in IBM's install-shield for the product and advised me to search this forum for help.

Version 5.1 had some problems, and installation was one of them. If you really want to install software that's very old and has problems, I suggest you disable any antivirus/spybot software and give it another whirl.

My recollection is that you will need to have Administrator rights to run it as well as install it. Right-click and Run as... won't really do it. You need to be Administrator.

Poking around ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com I can see that fixpacks still seem available for V5R1. Look here: /as400/products/ad/wdt400/v5r1sp5

With the benefit of hindsight, I am MUCH happier on V7.0 than I was on V5.1
--buck