Wai Hung Kevin Lau wrote:

The last company I worked for are stilling running windows NT with 256 Mb memory.

This is more common than we like to think. I built my own PC at home 5 years ago that seemed like a good value to me (after all I spent my own money on it!) and it was much more powerful than my PC at work. The company simply was not able to allocate the money to replace all developer workstations at the same time.

IBM is trying to push, but please... don't push too hard. Although I'm familiar with Eclipse, I still have to take time to learn the WDSC. Don't forget that I can only spend my spare time to learn it. Not every company can effort to send the developer to take a 5 days training.

The good news is that it doesn't take that long to use WDSC well enough that you are as speedy as SEU. Seeing more lines of code is a big help. WDSC _looks_ really complicated, but you don't have to use all that stuff in order to get your work done.

Yes, there is a cost associated with switching, but it isn't 5 days of lost work. For my part, I have a tendency to play with plug-ins and stuff like that rather than do real programming! It's been a lot of fun though.
--buck