Pete Helgren skrev den 31-01-2008 23:03:
"In the mean time I have started looking at JRuby with the explicit goal
of getting Rails running on System i, and it appears that their
generated bytecode is not compatible with the System i classic JVM."

Hmm, I have been working on this myself. I have it all working in Windows XP at the moment, although I have Rails running in PASE with a MySQL DB. I just got the activerecord-jdbc adapter working smoothly with DB2 for i5OS just last week. Plan to push all of it over to the i shortly. Working on the tutorial to post on my blog as we speak (http://www.petesworkshop.com/petesblog/serendipity/) I have a Ruby on Rails on i web site that is running under webrick and rails in PASE here: http://www.roroni.com/

What bytecode incompatibilities are you experiencing?

Great :) I considered getting Ruby to run in PASE (was described in a recent magazine my colleague gets) but decided against it as we currently do not require PASE in customer installations.

The problematic exception is:

java.lang.ClassFormatError: initialize-1315658141_521157377 2203 0000

(full details at http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/JRUBY-1969).

It is currently pending that I get time to play with JRuby 1.1RC.