Hi Vern,

<snip>
You don't necessarily need to use QShell to get at the IFS - there is and
"IFS Files" segment of the conneciton in RSE - you can even make filters
there, multiple paths are possible, and the files can be opened with any
WDSC editor that is appropriate, I think.
</snip>

Yes, and that is good. It gives me a very good "Windows Explorer" view of
the IFS. But I'm greedy and want a "Unix" view too. :-)
I want to have the ability to write RPG programs to run in the PASE
environment and test/debug them within WDSCi. I can do it via QP2TERM and
would like to do it via a view in WDSCi.

<snip>
Now you can have a terminal session - and with Arcad's plugin it can be
right there in WDSC - and then you can run STRRSESVR there and any
<http://archive.midrange.com/wdsci-l/200712/msg00003.html#> interactive
commands will use that session - then you can make object and member actions
in RSE that will give you what you want. Maybe!!! It IS going to a green
screen but completely within the confines of WDSC.
</snip>

That sounds very interesting. I don't like the fact that I have to have a
linked interactive session to view the results of the DSP commands. It
smells of a fudge to me. But I wouldn't mind it if it was just a view within
WDSCi. That would be wonderful! Does this plugin allow us to get a 5250
session to run as a view within WDSCi? If that was possible then we could
test interactive programs within WDSCi. That would be as close to RPG
programming Nirvana as I could get!!!

Has anybody got something like this working???

Cheers

Larry Ducie