Bill Barnes wrote:
I just got my Beta release of RPGTOOLBOX and it converts all SQL to Free
Form correctly, it also recognizes SQL variables as being used in the
program. I wonder why IBM hasn't been able to do this?

I can't answer why WDSC's conversion isn't fixed. It took me a while to reproduce your situation here, so I presume it isn't broken for all conversions. To be honest, I don't actually use the free form converter because I personally think that converted code looks worse than mixed code. If I convert to free form, I tend to rewrite.

That's not saying what is right or what you should do, it's to excuse my ignorance of the tool. I don't use the RPG400 to RPG IV either (Code/400) - I use the system's CVTRPGSRC command. And I do it from RSE.

If you're interested, it's pretty easy to add CVTRPGSRC to your list of user actions in RSE. It's in the wiki at http://wiki.midrange.com/index.php/RSE

--buck