I think you lost me a bit there Matt. I get this problem when I try to install an update from a local installation, so I am not going out to the net for the update (although I do get the same problem if I try that). I don't use a proxy server for internet access, and I don't think there are any firewall restrictions for this machine. Could you explain what you mean about "opened up in the firewall" ?

-----Original Message-----
From: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Tyler, Matt
Sent: 24 October 2007 20:15
To: Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries
Subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] Installing/Updating WSDc on Vista

We had this problem and the person's computer had to be opened up in the
fire wall since you could not set the proxy settings until you go the
updater updates. Once we got the updater updated and changed the proxy
settings all the other updates went well.

I am certain there is a configuration file for the updater that you can
set the proxy values manually for but I no longer have 6.x to see where.
I think the updater was in the product C:\Program Files\IBM\SDP\6.0\
location.

Thanks, Matt