From: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of DennisRootes@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wednesday, October 24, 2007 12:21 PM
To: wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] Web page tutorial in wdsc

instead of embedding that stuff everywhere in the HTML code - easier
to maintain, too. They say!
It absolutely makes it easier to maintain! But I would recommend making
sure you do not use any sort of embedded css, either within the span/div
tags or at the top of the page. Make all style sheets external and you
save yourself the headache.

Also, as is said, tables are for tabular data, not for organization of

page.
Amen brother!

It seems that hardly any of the wysiwyg editors work in this new
regime
-
WDSC uses tables - certainly MS' InterDev does, and probably FrontPage
and
DreamWeaver -
Can't speak for the others but Dreamweaver 8 has plenty of good css
support and is set up so that you can do your layouts sans tables. And
from what I hear CS3 takes it a step further with css templates already
setup, i.e. 3-column pages, rounded corners, etc. I wish I had the cash
to upgrade....

and use a browser like FireFox to test your work, then adjust.
Just my 2 cents but I find it easier to code for IE and adjust for
firefox.

I'm just beginning - but I'm intrigued and moving forward, I hope.
Sounds like you've jumped it feet first and are doing great! Keep going
you'll love it! =)
--
This is the Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries (WDSCI-L)