The 7002 Zip is the only one you need. No other download needed (but you
may be asked for the CDs; i.e.,
the 7002 repository doesn't contain the 7.0 stuff that may be needed
during update, and so it either comes
from CDs, or the boulder update server).

When you click Update packages, when 7002 appears, click it. At the bottom
of the panel, it shows the
details of the update. Is the repository shown your local unzipped 7002
image? It should not show
anything "boulder".

At the very last panel, it shows the repositories and how much to download
from each of them. Does
boulder site appear there?

If you won't to totally disable the boulder update server, uncheck the
"Search the linked repositories
during installation and updates..." check box at the bottom of the
Preferences panel.

Thanks.

Chenghui Li
WebSphere Development Studio Client for iSeries,
IBM, Toronto
Phone (905)413-3215, T/L 969-3215
email: chengli@xxxxxxxxxx

"Joe Pluta" <joepluta@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
10/14/2007 03:25 PM
Please respond to
Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

"'Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries'" <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
[WDSCI-L] WDSC 7.0.0.2 still requires 800MB download from Internet

I don't know if it's something I did, or just the way the IM updater
works,
but I am less than thrilled with the end result of the WDSC update
process.
I downloaded the 1.05GB ZIP file for WDSC 7.0.0.2 and followed the
instructions to add the extracted contents of the zip file as a
repository.
All good so far, but once I actually performed the update, the
Installation
Manager reports that it will be applying 745MB from the install directory
but will be getting another 810MB from the Boulder download site.

Now, was there some OTHER repository I was supposed to have downloaded? Is
WDSC 7.0.0.2 only an upgrade to 7.0.0.1, and I was supposed to download
that
folder and in clued it as a repository as well? I didn't see any
instructions to that effect. I might have missed them, but on the
download
page for 7.0.0.2 it pretty clearly outlined the steps and there was no
other
information there.

Anybody else have this happen? Can someone help me to change my evil
ways?

Joe