Hi Bob,

The main reason you can't use page designer from the RSE is the sequence
numbers and timestamp fields in the member won't work well with the page
designer. With the exception of LPEX, none of the workbench editors
understand what a sequence number and timestamp is; which is why we don't
add workbench editors to the Open With menu for source members.

I never thought of using projects to workaround this before, but that's a
good idea. In V7.0 we added a preference on the "iSeries Projects" page
to strip off the sequence number and timestamp on download. If you select
that then you should be good to go. This should also add an action to
existing members inside the project to strip off the sequence number and
timestamp or you could just re-download the members to the project.

Don Yantzi
Technical Lead
WebSphere Development Studio Client for iSeries
IBM Toronto Lab

"Bob P. Roche" <BRoche@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
09/24/2007 05:00 PM
Please respond to
Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Re: [WDSCI-L] open html member into designer, not lpex

OK , I'm closer now. If I import the source into an iSeries project I can
open the HTML with the page designer. The only issue is it brings in the
line numbers and date area as if it was part of the source code itself and

tries to display it in the HTML. Maybe i just need to lobby harder for
storing it in the IFS. I'm surprised I can't just open the designer from
the normal RSE filters.

"Bob P. Roche" <BRoche@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
09/24/2007 01:33 PM
Please respond to
Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
[WDSCI-L] open html member into designer, not lpex

Is there a way to open an html source member into the designer screen, not

the lpex editor. It was decided to store our HTML for CGI processing in a
source member not the IFS. Now I cannot open the member in anything other
than the lpex editor. The members have a type of .html, and if I check
file associations, it says I should have the designer as an option for
type .html. If i put the source in the IFS and get to it that way it
works, If I try to get the get to the source member thru the IFS and the
QSYS.LIB file system I lose it again. Any help would be appreciated? Next
I will try creating a project. I remember on version 6 if you made code
designer the default type for .DSPF it would not work from the iSeries
filter but worked fine from a project. I'll report back after trying.
Hopefully someone knows how to do this.