A word of caution: if you are a Java or Web developer, then turning off
"Build Automatically" will stop the Java builder from doing incremental
compiling of changes after a save. Instead you will have to manually
select the Project > Build actions. I've seen this one bit a quite a few
developers who turn it off and then wonder why their Java changes are not
being picked up.

My understanding of the Tacit Migration process is that it checks (on
Workbench startup) for any Web projects from previous releases of the
tools and migrates them to the current release. It sounds like this is
hanging one of the migration steps. If you do have some Web projects from
previous releases you might want to take a look at the migration guide and
make sure the projects are fully migrated.

There was also some discussion of this here:
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/forums/dw_thread.jsp?forum=430&thread=104735&cat=67

Don Yantzi
Technical Lead
WebSphere Development Studio Client for iSeries
IBM Toronto Lab

"albartell" <albartell@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
09/21/2007 08:56 AM
Please respond to
Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

"'Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries'" <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Re: [WDSCI-L] Tacit Migration Operation keeps going and going and going

Check to see if the Build Automatically is selected under the Project
menu.
If it is, un-select it.

Not sure if it has anything to do with Tacit Migration - just helping you
hunt.

HTH,
Aaron Bartell
http://mowyourlawn.com