no, because what if the from date on the file is before the date range but
the to date on the file falls within the date range. with your logic, you
are going to miss that record.

Michael Schutte
Admin Professional
Bob Evans Farms, Inc.
3776 South High Street, Columbus, OH 43207
Phone: 614/492-7419 Fax: 614/409-2017
Visit us on the web! www.bobevans.com

"The Secret's the Sauce! Enjoy our new Bob-B-Q Pulled Pork Knife & Fork
Sandwich!"

Terry Richardson
<terry-sssc@comca
st.net> To
Sent by: Websphere Development Studio Client
wdsci-l-bounces@m for iSeries <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
idrange.com cc

Subject
08/12/2007 11:26 Re: [WDSCI-L] WDSC dropped
AM connection.

Please respond to
Websphere
Development
Studio Client for
iSeries
<wdsci-l@midrange
.com>

I have been experiencing this also since I started using WDSC and
connecting remotely over VPN. Host servers are not ended, I have always
assumed it was a VPN setting, although it does not affect 5250
sessions. It does not occur when I am on-site (inside the firewall) and
connected directly to the network. I just accept it as a fact of life
when working remotely, and save frequently.

WDSC does give you the option to reconnect, and about 80% of the time it
will reconnect successfully. The QRWTSRVR job from the prior session
sometimes retains a lock on the member(s) that were open, but you are
given the option to end that job and free the locks.

If there is a setting in the client, I would love to know about it.

David Gibbs wrote:
Milan Zdimal wrote:

I'd like to know if anyone has any ideas why my WDSC remote connection
keeps
dropping and if there is any way to prevent it. The connection does not
seem
to drop when I am on the local network using the exact same
configuration as
when I am at a remote network with my laptop.

How often does this happen? Is it more than once a day? How are you
connected to the remote network? VPN? Is your remote connection
dropping & reconnecting?

Any chance someone (or some process) is ending the host servers?

david

--
This is the Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries (WDSCI-L)