If you are in SEU - do an F15 then option 2 to get the spooled file - once you have the split screen with the output in the bottom half, enter *ERR and press F16 - badaboom badabing - you have the first error.

Yes, WDSC will give you the results of the events file, which is also very good, except not for SQL stuff - YET - unless I missed something.

HTH
Vern

From: MichaelQuigley@xxxxxxxxxx

If you're scanning an RPG compile listing for errors, you can search for
the literal string
': 20' That will look for the colon followed by a single space and a
message with severity level 20. An RPG compile will fail if any severity
level 20 messages are encountered--COBOL fails at severity level 30. (At
least those are the defaults.)