Yes that makes sense ... I'm in the process right now and will let you
know the results. Thanks.
Royce Stearns
Manage, Inc.
(503) 353-1721 x103
www.manageinc.com

"Cheri Duchrow" <cduchrow@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
06/07/2007 11:14 AM
Please respond to
Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
Re: [WDSCI-L] Webfacing Server connection Socket closed

No you don't need to add a virtual host just the port to the WAS server.
Try:
Use the administration console and go to the servers and select the
Application servers. Find your server...it may be the only one. You may
have to scroll down but on the screen will be a Ports link. Click on it
and you
will see a list of ports. Add the 4004 port here. That might do it for
you.
Let me know if this makes sense.

Cheri

<rstearns@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
This is on the i5 WAS ... do I need to add a virtual host for 4004?

Qautocfg is set to 1 = on
Qautovrt is set to *nomax

Royce Stearns
Manage, Inc.
(503) 353-1721 x103
www.manageinc.com

"Cheri Duchrow" <cduchrow@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
06/07/2007 10:21 AM
Please respond to
Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries
<wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
Re: [WDSCI-L] Webfacing Server connection Socket closed

If you are running this using the test server within WDSC check to make
sure
that test WAS server has 4004 as a port listed in it's configuration.
It used to be in previous versions of the test WAS server configurations
that I would have to add 4004 port to the test server.
Startup your test server and then right click on it and go to the admin
console. If you are familiar with the WAS admin console you should be
able
to navigate and find the port setup. Just in case:
Go to the servers and select the Application servers. You may have to
scroll down but on the screen will be a Ports link. Click on it and you
will see a list. Add one that has * as the host and port 4004 as the
port.

In a WAS 5.x test server it was a little easier to add ports to the
server.

Also verify that the iSeries has the two system values setup correctly:
Qautocfg has to be set to yes
Qautovrt has to be set to *nomax

In all of my traveling to various environments helping people setup
WebFacing these two system values had to be set this way for WebFacing
work.

HTH