Thanks Mike. I un-checked the 'Compile in Batch' option in the command
execution preferences and tried to compile. And it worked. Hurray!!!...
Interactive compile works but batch doesn't. Don't know why. Anyhow I'm just
happy atleast I can compile my programs by some means :-).

MichaelQuigley@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
I'm not really positive about your problem, but here's a couple things you
could check:

1) Do you have a current library set?
2) If so, do you have add authority to the library (to add the event file
and entries)
3) If there is already an event file in the library, do you have object
management authority to it so you can add a member?

Along another line regarding the library marked as your CURRENT library.
Is this library shared with any other developer? Sometimes you can step
on each others work. I find it best to have your own personal library and
it should be the CURRENT library for your profile/connection.

You could also look in the log (I get there thru the menu: Windows, Show
View, Other, then under PDE Runtime (don't ask why it's there) select
Error log. Sometimes there's helpful information in it.

Just my 2-cents worth--these thoughts may have nothing to do with your
problem.

Michael Quigley
AS/400 Programming Section
The Way International
www.TheWay.org

date: Mon, 21 May 2007 13:07:41 -0700 (PDT)
from: Sivakumar Kanagavel
subject: [WDSCI-L] Problem in Compiling from WDSC

Hello,
I am trying to compile a rpgle program from WDSC. I set the needed
library list and a job qdftjobd is submitted in the as/400 system (using
the below command)

SBMJOB CMD(CRTBNDRPG PGM(SIVATEST/TEST2) SRCFILE(SIVATEST/QRPGLESRC)
SRCMBR(TEST2) REPLACE(*YES) OPTION(*EVENTF) DBGVIEW(*SOURCE))
JOBD(*USRPRF)

Once the job runs, object is not being created and the job-log doesn't
show any error message. This is the command, I found in the job-log:

Message . . . . : -CALL PGM(QDEVTOOLS/QRSEEXEC)

PARM(X'613F3F3F3F3F3F3F3F3F3F3F3F3F3F3F3F614B8583938997A28561D9E2C561E2C2D4F

0F0F0F0F14B939687' 'CRTBNDRPG PGM(SIVATEST/TEST2)
SRCFILE(SIVATEST/QRPGLESRC) SRCMBR(TEST2) REPLACE(*YES) OPTION(*EVENTF)

DBGVIEW(*SOURCE)')

No member is created in the file EVFEVENT in SIVATEST. I do not know
where to start to troubleshoot this problem. Any help in this is much
appreciated.

Thanks!
Sivakumar