From: "albartell" <albartell@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, May 16, 2007 1:15 PM
To: "'Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries'" <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] How different is v7 from v5 ?

I have been seeing news tidbits in regards to RCP for awhile now but haven't
had the time to dive in. Mostly because I haven't needed to develop a thick
client app that would be as "thick" as the Eclipse RCP would make it. Maybe
that is what I should use for my article instead of trying to write
something from scratch using Matisse. ??? Hmm... Now I have a dilema :-)

I have seen companies develop their client using Eclipse as their base (even
before RCP came out). I believe it was an EDI software vendor. It was real
nice as you had zero idea you were in a Java app. The only reason I knew
was because I had used Eclipse before then.

Anyway, I don't have much to say about RCP but would love to hear about
others attempts!

Aaron Bartell
http://mowyourlawn.com