Hi Greg,

this is a known problem both with 601 and 70
Please see APAR SE25187

http://snipurl.com/1iamj

Violaine Batthish
WebSphere Development Studio Client, IBM Toronto Lab

wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 04/26/2007 10:53:56 AM:

I just encountered a free format conversion error with SQL statements
involved in 7.0. I found that if I just selected the SQL statement it
converted fine. Referring to the source below, I then selected from '*
Set on the subfile...' to the end of the SQL statement and it converted
fine again. As soon as I included the BEGSR line is when I encountered
the error.

c LoadSfl3Page Begsr

* Set on the subfile clear indicator and write record to initialize
* the subfile.

c eval i_sflclr = *on
c write fmt03
c eval i_sflclr = *off
c eval i_sflbottom = *off
c eval i_poscursor = *on
c eval s3rrn = 0

* Declare Load cursor for INQDUV.
c/exec sql
c+ declare Load cursor
c+ for select idseqn, idpgm, idview
c+ from inqduvl1
c+ where ididn = :deptID
c+ order by idseqn
c/end-exec

This is after the conversion with the included BEGSR. Notice what is
supposed to be 'exec sql'. I can duplicate these scenarios over and over.

/FREE
Begsr LoadSfl3Page;

// Set on the subfile clear indicator and write record to initialize
// the subfile.

i_sflclr = *on;
write fmt03;
i_sflclr = *off;