I would not reply that Jeff. I make no assumptions. I just know that 7.0 is
a new animal...residing in new directories, new installation, etc. However,
I do agree that it should be easy to migrate.

Gregg

On 4/21/07, Jeff Crosby <jlcrosby@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Gregg Willow wrote:
> I know this not an answer to your question but I have to ask...how much
will
> it take to recreate your workspace on your own? I personally have a
bunch of
> RSE filters and TurnOver filters and took me about 15 minutes to
accomplish
> in 7.0. I kept 6.0 on the side for reference but did not dare to move a
> workspace into a new brand new install where everything changed for the
> release. I believe it is supposed to possible to interchange workspaces
but
> I have been more productive not trying to do so.
>
> Gregg
>

> On 4/20/07, Jeff Crosby <jlcrosby@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Got the V7 CDs today and installed tonight.
>>
>> Started it OK. Then I closed it and restarted with my V6
>> workspace. Looked
>> OK so I closed and opened a couple of times. Still OK so I moved the
V6
>> workspace from the V6 directory to the V7 directory. Opened and closed
>> couple times without a problem, so I hit the checkmark to not ask for
the
>> workspace at startup.
>>
>> Then I went into the install manager and applied the latest
update. After
>> that I could no longer start WDSC due to errors in the workspace. So I
>> deleted that workspace and then started V7. It created a blank
workspace.
>> I restored the "premigrated" V6 workspace from backup and tried to
switch
>> it. I get this huge error window full of errors and WDSC ends.
>>
>> What do I do now? I just want my V6 workspace migrated and used in V7.
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> --
>> Jeff Crosby
>> UniPro FoodService/Dilgard
>> P.O. Box 13369
>> Ft. Wayne, IN 46868-3369
>> 260-422-7531
>>
>> The opinions expressed are my own and not necessarily the opinion of my
>> company. Unless I say so.
>>

>> --
>> This is the Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries (WDSCI-L)
>> Before posting, please take a moment to review the archives
>> at http://archive.midrange.com/wdsci-l.
That's what I ended up doing. Everything is (more or less) as it was.
Except my snippets are gone and I'm sure there's some checkmark I've
missed somewhere.

It would seem to me though, that as sophisticated and complex as WDSC
is, they would be able to keep/migrate settings after an upgrade. And I
don't want to hear a reply that WDSC is too complex to do that. The
fact the WDSC is very complex as software goes makes it even MORE
important that gets done.