From: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Glenn Gundermann
Sent: Thursday, April 05, 2007 6:48 PM
To: wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [WDSCI-L] CVS for WDSC on the System i

Hi Everyone,

We're using WDSC V7 for RPG, CL, DDS, etc. and now wanting to looking into
using a CVS.

1. We're looking to see what we can do without spending any money. There
is a free plug-in on the Eclipse web site. The company here has a CVS
server for their other systems development and if it's straight forward, it
should be easy to use it for System i development as well.??

2. How does everyone have their CVS server configured? I don't know enough
to ask this intelligently but the way it was explained to me was that the
CVS server has modules. We have libraries, source files, and source
members. I take it there are several ways to configure the relationship.

Any information and comments regarding these two items would be appreciated.

Tks,

Glenn Gundermann
ggundermann@xxxxxx
(647) 272-3295
--
This is the Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries (WDSCI-L)