From: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Booth Martin
Sent: Tuesday, March 27, 2007 11:26 AM
To: Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries
Subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] VARPG Was: RE: George Farr declares
featurespecificpricingonhorizonfor WDSC

I am not sure what you mean by "Print screen", but if what you mean is
to print the data in the screen I would have to use O specs and print to
the local PC printer.

I couldn't begin to print a true print of the monitor screen.   That has

to be a new feature?

Gosh it is heartening to read that someone has started using VARPG.
Have you used the graph part yet, where you present the customer's sales
  history (or some other comparative) as a graph, yet?  The first time I
did that I got an argument that the graph was wrong.  When it turned out
the graph was right the manager involved said "Our department did
that?!?!" and she immediately asked for, and got, a large raise.
Something about seeing her departmental growth rates as a graph made
people realize the job she had done was in fact spectacular.

Kurt Anderson wrote:
We've been moving most large projects toward VARPG since we see many
benefits in it, and one huge one being end-user satisfaction.  I was
concerned with going down the path of VARPG vs another language (one
that would take more time to learn) but Mr Farr assured me of VARPG's
continuing existence and development.  And from a link posted in an
earlier thread, it appears to me (and this is just my translation)
VARPG will either be replaced (with something similar) or receive some

kind of change in the near future.  Essentially the IBM page did not
refer to VARPG as deprecated, only CODE, which I personally see as a
good point.
I'd love to develop VARPG in WDSCi, not in editor that gets no
attention.

Booth, in all your time with VARPG - do you know how to print screen
and
include the title bar?   (I'm working on getting set up with the
newsgroup, just hasn't happened yet.)

Kurt Anderson
Application Developer
Highsmith Inc