Hi,
I actually do not know how the product is packaged as I downloaded it and I also installed the Enterprise edition BUT from the size of the files, it will not fit on a single 4.7gb DVD. The big deal to me, is that this is best IBM installation experience I have ever had after installing IBM software for 20+ years. It went in fast, it went in clean and so far it works flawlessly.

I have been using Eclipse 3.2 for a while and this new release of Rational and WDSC brings a lot of new functionality to the table.

A really great change is that it behaves like a real Eclipse plug-in, which might mean that IBM will be able stay up with new Eclipse releases.

Spencer

date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 14:50:24 -0500
from: smorrison@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] Atta-Boy to who ever developed the new WDSC    7.0
   install

I guess by version 8 we'll need to debate adding HD-DVD or Blue Ray DVD
readers to the PC.....

Steven Morrison
Fidelity Express
903-885-1283  ext. 479

"Bob P. Roche" <BRoche@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
03/16/2007 02:28 PM
Please respond to
Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Re: [WDSCI-L] Atta-Boy to who ever developed the new WDSC 7.0   install

10 CDs? Please say this comes with a DVD. I'll probably stick with version
6 since I use code designer for screens, but just in case loading from
1DVD beats multiple CDs anyday. The way programs keep getting bigger we
will need multiple DVDs soon.

Spencer Elliott <spencer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
03/16/2007 02:13 PM
Please respond to
Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
[WDSCI-L] Atta-Boy to who ever developed the new WDSC 7.0 install

Hi,

Thanks to all those WebSphere and Rational developers who worked on the
new 7.0 install.

I copied the 10 CD images to disk and installed the whole shebang in
less that and hour with no problems... and I did not have to un-install
6.0.1

Thank you!!!

Spencer Elliott