Bill,

Click one source member in the Remote Sytems view, then hold the CTRL
key down while clicking a second member.  Then right click either of
them and select compare with --> each other.

This isn't so much about learning RSE as it is learning Windows.  The
CTRL + Click and Shift + Click for multiple file selection is pretty
much a Windows standard.

HTH