Hi Mark
If you think V6 is tough you should try V4 (which I could not even
install).
I dont use WDSC beyond source editing RPG and debug.
I dont even edit CL or DDS, although the code DDS editor is great (IMO).

Some guys who post to this list are modifying WDSC function (I believe
this
is possible as the code is Open Source (not sure about this)).

Others push WDSC to the limits of its functions, but I have found that any
JAVA
app tends to die if pushed. Seems to me OOP has issues, performance being
one
of them. I just cannot imagine needing 1000 million bytes of data to run
anything
but in general the couple of JAVA based apps we have need Gbytes of
memory, as
does WDSC.  How the JAVA guys manage to write any business apps boggles my
imagination.

Still for the simple things  V6.0.1 is stable enough for me to edit and
debug
but I still use green screen for cmds etc.

Frank Kolmann

from: "Mark Allen" <scprideandms@xxxxxxxxx>
subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] Outline View in Projects Perspective

I've noticed that the "vast" majority of posts to this list are what I
would
consider, "WDSC is giving me this error?" where as the other lists posts
are
more technical questions, along the lines of "How do I do this", I was
all
ready to give WDSC a shot but since joining this list I've backed off for
now, until I can get 2-3 weeks to devote to getting it running it
appears............