Hi,

I am in a bind here and I'm running out of time to do a proof of concept
(which needs to be ready by Friday).

What I am trying to do is to create a very simple Web Service in WDSC
6.0 that will talk to an iSeries program. This is to show mgt that
iSeries can indeed be used for Web Services.

I already have the WAS 6.0 server running and up to snuff on my iSeries.
The problem is with my WDSC client software.

I've had an incredible amount of trouble getting WDSC upgraded with its
mega-sized updates and that process alone took me days to achieve.

Then for awhile, I had WDSC set up so that I could get a WAS 6.0 test
server running and I was even able to create a simple

Web Service and export it to an EAR file.  That was a good LITTLE test
but it wasn't what I needed. It was only to make sure my updates to WDSC
worked.

So I had to move on to other projects for awhile and now that I come
back to this, I can no longer get WAS 6.0 Server to run from WDSC.

What's more, because it's not running, I also cannot get the Web Service
wizard to finish because one of the things it tries to do is to

Deploy the web service to the WAS Server.  Since it's not running, it
can't deploy and it fails, without even creating the web service files.

My latest attempt has been to uninstall WDSC and reinstall, but that
also meant I have to update it all again. !!!

This is taking me days to do.

I would like to ask that if there is someone out there who has WDSC 6.0
and WAS 6.0 running, and updated with the latest updates from the
Rational Product Updater...

And I would like to impose on you to create a web service for me for a
simple little RPG program that I will give you.

If you can do this for me, it shouldn't take more than 15 minutes tops.
If you email me off line at Shannon.odonnell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx or
sodonnell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  I will send you the RPG source
program and the single file source it uses and you can compile them on
your system and then create the web service and let WDSC generate the
client as well, from that using the WDSC web service wizard.

Then if you can zip the exported EAR file and the WDSC source files
created (I ask a lot, I know...) and email it back to me, I would
greatly appreciate it.

Thank you,

Shannon O'Donnell