From: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Buck
Sent: Thursday, January 18, 2007 5:25 AM
To: wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] Connecting WDSC through Remote Desktop

The problem is that I don't have a pc at the work location.
I am a consultant, and all of my programs
are on my local laptop.

There's some confusion about nomenclature, I'm afraid.  The original
post was 'Does anyone know if it is possible to connect WDSC to an AS400
that I have connected to with Remote Desktop ?'  Remote Desktop means a
Windows program running on a PC at work that you connect to from a PC at
home.  You then 'drive' the work PC from the home PC.  One doesn't need
WDSC or Word or what have you on the home PC because one uses Remote
Desktop to literally use the software on the work PC.

It appears that you don't use Remote Desktop at all, since there isn't
any second PC in the middle.

So how does your employer expect you to connect to his network from
home?  VPN?
   --buck