From what I understand A/CMS does lots of nice things in that category
including multiple print files.  The problem is we don't have it and
probably won't get it.  Appreciate the suggestion here and the one
earlier.  I have got to figure out how to do the RSE command thing.
message: 9
date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 12:42:40 -0500
from: "Samuel J Lennon" <lennon_s_j@xxxxxxxxxxx>
subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] Compiling With Overrides

FWIW, and it doesn't answer the original question:  When we have
identical
files, but with different names, we create a single line source for the
second file that points back to the original file.  For example, we have

file ERBLOCXP which is identical to ERBLOCP and is defined like this:

      A          R ERBLOCF                   FORMAT(ERBLOCP)

We never have to do overrides at complile time, and our source managment

tool (A/CMS) recognizes that the two files are linked and if the defined
one
is changed it will also change the other.

I don't know if you can do this with print files.

Sam