message: 4
date: Fri, 1 Dec 2006 17:00:03 -0500
from: Violaine Batthish <batthish@xxxxxxxxxx>
subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] Conversion to free form

Hi Bill,

Would you consider that it is the compiler & syntax checker that is
wrong,
rather than Remote Systems LPEX Editor's free-form conversion :-) ?
There are some PMRs open against the SQL precompiler (and apparently
some
test PTFs available) for this issue.
As those folks are in a different team from WDSC, I recommend that you
contact IBM support, and if you are interested, request the test PTFs.

thanks,

Violaine Batthish
WebSphere Development Studio Client, IBM Toronto Lab

I spoke with Linoma about this because I had the same problem with their
conversion tool and they told me that the compiler no longer ignores
cc1-5 in SQLRPG programs.  They also told me that the compiler team was
not going to change that stance.  I think  Linoma is working on a fix to
accommodate that.  This is an IBM problem regardless of which "Team" is
responsible.  I have enough of a problem trying to convince our upper
management that IBM is still a good solution without having to explain
that we can't get an answer because of an internal communication
breakdown within IBM.

My take on this is FIX IT.  I don't care if it comes from the compiler
team or the WDSc team.  You folks in Toronto are closer to Rochester
than we are in Sanford, NC.  You also have internal phone numbers that
are not available to us.  I would think that, if IBM is serious about
remaining a player they would do what it takes to make things work,
maybe I am wrong and IBM is not serious.