From: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
jstevens@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, October 19, 2006 11:24 AM
To: Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries
Subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] What happens to workspace?

We ZIP the folders into one file.  Then use FTP to put it on
the System I.

If I remember - it's just
PUT pcfilename.zip Library/File

we put all of our stuff in one specific library.

it was written in Delphi.  Then we also have a small portion
of it that
give a list box of files in the library, and then you can
also download
it.  That way, if I'm on a new PC, or if I want a
Knowledgebase - I can
download the ZIP to my Local PC, and un-zip it there.  I also
use it to
backup all of my client notes, and documentation, - stuff
like that also.

We also have it so that  it will only backup the folders if
there have
been changes in there.  So most developers, just start it
when they leave,
and if you want - it can shut down your PC when it's done.
That way stuff
is backed up every nigh.

Works for us.

Jeff Stevens
Mize, Houser & Co. P.A.
913 451 1882
JStevens@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"albartell" <albartell@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
10/19/2006 08:53 AM
Please respond to
Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

"'Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries'"
<wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Re: [WDSCI-L] What happens to workspace?

 >from our PC's to a System I library.

Do you mean the IFS vs. a library?  Or how are the PC
documents stored on
your iSeries?  I am in the process of buying my first iSeries
by myself
and
it would be nice to be able to do the same thing.

Thanks,
Aaron Bartell