Larry,

I agree with Terry as far as the some initial training.

To answer your question regarding servers, that may depend on how you
access the topo maps. We have been able to use address fields to access
Mapquest. This is one of the easier interfaces.

The next challenging opportunity was launch a pc application. We found
that using LaunchIE. Check this site out for more information.

http://www.whirlywiryweb.com/q/launchinie.asp

We have been also able to link to our imaging server. Beside the LaunchIE,
we had to utilize an API to retrieve the IP of the system running and pass
that to the image server. My understanding is that there is a newer
version of that software that makes this much more simple.

We have built a support application that we webfaced. We can start VPN
connections to clients. We can start iSeries Access sessions. We use VNC
to connect to remote desktops and those can be initiated as well.

I will give IBM some credit in providing more functionality with WebFacing.

Nick W. Mart

Larry,

We were able go get up and running with RSE/WDSC without any formal
training, but it was a bit of a slog.  Try going through the tutorials
that
are included.  From the Help menu, select the Tutorials Gallery, then the
Do
and Learn part of the tree. We found the 'Maintain an ILE RPG application'
tutorial helpful.

Getting the connection configured was a bit of a struggle, because of
firewall/VPN issues.  But all the pain is worth it!

Terry