Michael,

I have much the same issue with CODE Designer, although we don't get a
message of some source dropped due to errors, but our fields that are in
REF files, are shown with just the first byte and a box around it.  One
way that I get around it is this...

From RSE - Right click on DSPF source member
Open with CODE Designer
Do an F9 (Shell)
ADDLIBL REFLIBNAM
Close the CODE Designer window that has the DSPF open, and re-open it.
Then it finds the REFFLD file in the *LIBL

Sure wish there was a better way.  Actually - I hope that the WDSC team
will get us to be able to design DSPF's in the WDSC Page Designer - that
would be the best, then we can just drop CODE altogether.

Hope that helps.

Jeff Stevens
Mize, Houser & Co. P.A.
913 451 1882
JStevens@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

MichaelQuigley@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent by: wdsci-l-bounces+jstevens=mizehouser.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx
09/15/2006 11:00 AM
Please respond to
Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

"Midrange.com, WDSc" <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
[WDSCI-L] CODE Designer and Library Lists

I've attempted to address this issue previously, but I can't find any

We use multiple connections in RSE in large part to establish different
library lists for various systems (i.e., Payroll, Order Entry, etc. -- not

OS/400 servers).  When we right-click a DSPF or PRTF and open with CODE
Designer, we regularly receive the error message to the effect "Some
source dropped due to errors."  The errors always deal with files or
fields specified on REF or REFFLD cannot be found.  The fields are in the
library list in RSE by way of a command on the iSeries commands tab of the

Subsystems page in the connection properties.  (There's got to be an
easier way to describe that!)

The only workaround I've found which consistently works is to have each
developer create a copy of the field reference files in their current
libraries.  This works, but it's a real pain having multiple copies of the

file around.  The project is in development and with multiple developers,
making sure everyone has the most current copy the field reference file
can be like trying to shoot at a target. moving at twice the speed of
sound.

Does anybody have a better solution?