Allowing this special case of browse-only windows is definitely something to consider...

Wilt, Charles wrote:
I had an RPGLE source member opened in one WDSCi window in brose mode.

I attempted to open the same member in browse mode in a different WDSCi
window.

I received a message "EVFF5021Q - You are currently editing member
MELSRC/QRPGLESRC(MT420U) on TEST400. Do you want to open the member in
browse mode?"  I clicked Yes and then got the message "RSEF1002E -
Operation failed. File system input or output error.  Message reported
from the file system: Document is already open."

When I clicked ok it close the open member in the original window.

Why did WDSCi think I was editing the member?

Obviously, WDSCi doesn't want to allow the same member to be opened in
two different windows.  This seems like a silly limitation when both
windows are in browse mode.  Removing this limitation would be a nice
enhancement.

I've got dual displays and having two browse windows both with a source
and outline pane into the same member would be helpful sometimes.  I
realize I can split the source pane, but that doesn't give me dual
outlines.  Nor does let me take advantage of the screen real estate
available with dual displays.

As a work around, I made the member available offline and opened the
member via RSF in one window and the offline version in another.