Hi Jon,

1. Are you connected to the internet when you run Check PTFs?  If you are
then it uses the most current list of PTFs, rather than the ones available
since last shipped.   You may want to double check PTF SI14942 as it
heavily affects CODE & WDSC.

2. Main cache file for WDSC is in workspace\.metadata\.log

3. The following message
EVFWLX40.EXE Sun Jul 23 19:21:18 2006 ADECHECKOBJECT: LSF FOPEN (WRITE)
FAIL
FOR C:\WDSC\Cache\EVFCACHE.000.
Seems to indicate that either the backend generated an error or that the
caching code was unable to create a cache file.  I believe it to be a
backend problem based on the previous message:
EVFCTCPD.EXE Sun Jul 23 19:20:23 2006 sendRequestThreadFn run():
WVCC_Run_Server_Pgm error=1054. Host=CSCNJ
That error indicates that CODE was not able to send its request to the
server.  That particular error code means: Connection reset by peer

Hope that helps!

Violaine Batthish
WebSphere Development Studio Client, IBM Toronto Lab