Hey Adam,

This is a bug in the Command Log View.  I have opened APAR SE26138.

As for events files, these are used for compiling actions (I don't believe
that user actions will download events files).
You should be able to find the format of events files in the WDSC help, and
there is a FAQ on the WDSC web page about having WDSC automatically
download events files for user defined compile commands.

thanks,

Violaine Batthish
WebSphere Development Studio Client, IBM Toronto Lab