From: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Reger, Bill
Sent: Tuesday, July 11, 2006 8:42 AM
To: 'Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries'
Subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] Source menu gone

Just wanted to add here, that I am on WDSC 6.0 and I don't think this
problem affected me.  And I had recently installed the SoftLanding RSE
Extension plugins as well.  So I do not think this necessarily affects
everyone.  But just for the heck of it, I did as Mark suggests and other
than taking a much longer time to restart WDSC, everything is fine.  So
no
harm will occur should you decide to delete these folders after
installing
plugins.  FYI.

Bill
----

There is a known problem that seems to effect everyone that if you
install/update any plugins, including the ones from IBM, it somehow
breaks
the WDSC config.  The main area this seems to show up is in the iSeries
editors, which lose their color coding and pretty much all other
iSeries-specific features.

Fortunately there is a fairly simple workaround:

1)  Navigate to this folder (adjusting path names as necessary):

C:\Program Files\IBM\Rational\SDP\6.0\eclipse\configuration

2)  Delete these two folders:

org.eclipse.osgi
org.eclipse.update

3)  Restart WDSC which will recreate the two folders and fix the
problem.

Since this problem happens after every install/update you should
reinstall
anything you have uninstalled prior to doing this, otherwise you will
just
have to do it again.

Mark