Justin,
        I went back and re-read your op.  I misinterpreted your
question.  I thought you were asking to know if the CRTPGM command
completed normally and that is where the "iSeries Commands Log" helps.
Sorry for the confusion.  What I understand only CRT* commands the
product EVFEVENT records will report back to WDSC issues that occurred
for a CRT* command.

        Though you did not say how you were running the CRTPGM command,
I assumed it was something like a CRTPGM command in you "iSeries
Commands" that you would have needed to create.

        I tried a couple of things to see how to get the job log error
to appear when there was a problem but all either did not work or were
not that helpful.  One method I tried was to create a command of my own
in the "iSeries Command".

        To do this, expand the "iSeries Commands" and then expand the
"Your Commands".  Added the CRTPGM command and check the "Prompt when
run" box.  Keep the command as type Normal, then click Next.  Name it
anything you want but CRTPGM would be best.  Once RSE has done its thing
and prompted you with the CRTPGM command click cancel.  You will see and
entry under the "iSeries Commands" called "CRTPGM". Right-click it and
choose "Change".  Click the "New Command" and add the DSPJOBLOG
OUTPUT(*PRINT) command.  Do not check the "Prompt when run" box and make
sure its run type is normal also. Click ok when done.

        When you run the CRTPGM command it will run the CRTPGM command
and the DSPJOBLOG command.  You will need the Softlanding RSE spooled
file extension or jump to the green screen to see the job log (I do not
like the default job spool file feature in RSE).  The down side is that
this new user command runs the DSPJOBLOG always even if you cancel out
of the CRTPGM prompt.  The "iSeries Commands" allow you to run multiple
commands at one time in a sense.

        My advice would be to look into a CMS that resides on the
iSeries like ones from ALdon or Softlanding (or others I may have left
out).  Aldon is what we use and I can create a *PGM object in RSE using
their filters with little problems.  I still have to go to the green
screen to see if there was an error and what it was.

        If you do not want to look into getting a CMS product, then you
could create your own version of the CRTPGM command and your own CPP to
run the actual and then create an object/member action to run your
CRTPGM command.

Thanks, Matt