Greg & Xuan,

How we get around this is to debug the program that calls the one you want
to debug.  The debug session terminates the first time the program
completes running.  I prefer debugging with Service Entry Points, but in
this case, I set up the debug the old fashioned way and add both programs
to the debug configuration.  Then you can set breakpoints, etc. in the
'called' program and it will stop every time.

HTH,
Michael Quigley
AS/400 Programming Coordinator
The Way International
www.TheWay.org

date: Mon, 5 Jun 2006 10:12:16 -0400
from: Xuan Chen <xuanchen@xxxxxxxxxx>
subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] Debug doesn't break when called second time
   from same   job

Hi Greg,

Does the debugger terminated in between (i.e., you got a message telling
you that program is terminated, and after you click on OK to dismiss the
message, you coulld see the debug process in the Debug View is showing
<terminated> status?)

How about if you set a normal breakpoint on the first executable line of
that program, will it be hit?

Thanks,

Xuan Chen,  Problem Determination Tools for iSeries
(905) 413-3769 T/L 969-3769
xuanchen@xxxxxxxxxx

             "Fleming, Greg
             \(ED\)"
             <GFLEMING@evergla To
             desdirect.com>            <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
             Sent by: cc
             wdsci-l-bounces@m
             idrange.com Subject
                                       [WDSCI-L] Debug doesn't break
when
                                       called second time from same job

             06/02/2006 05:29
             PM

             Please respond to
                 Websphere
                Development
             Studio Client for
                  iSeries
             <wdsci-l@midrange
                   .com>

We have a job which calls a program one or more times depending on data
conditions.

When I set a service entry point for this program, it breaks OK the
first time it gets called, then debug terminates as I would expect after
last record is set, but then the program gets called again from the same
submitted job, but debug doesn't break.

If I submit the job again, it will break, but never breaks on subsequent
calls from the same submitted job.

If I run debug on the green screen using STRSRVJOB and STRDBG, it breaks
every time.

Am I missing something with the WDSC Debugger ?

Thanks

Greg Fleming

Programmer/Analyst

Everglades Direct, Inc.