wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 02/06/2006 01:30:48 PM:

> In some of our initial 'playing around' with WDSC 6 and RSE, we're
noticing
> that when copying source from/to  one of our production source
libraries,
> that the existing validity checking doesn't seem to be triggered.   It's
> almost like it's not really touch the actual 'cpysrcf' command or is
just
> ignoring the validy check portion of the command.
>
> We're using some very basic change management that just enforces the
> checking out/in of production source and helps with the auditing of
these
> functions.  (The validity checker calls a program when source is copied
> from/to certain libraries and the programmer must log info pertaining to
> project, etc.).  Is anyone doing something similar in the WDSC
environment
> or is it necessary to get into more of a full blown product that helps
with
> change management.  We're hoping for a simple method like we're using
> now...

So are you saying you have attached a validity checker to CPYSRCF, and
this pops-up a dialog asking for information about the copy?  That isn't
going to work in a graphical environment, there is no way for you to bring
a screen up.

Mark

Scanned for SoftLanding Systems, Inc. and SoftLanding Europe Plc by IBM Email
Security Management Services powered by MessageLabs.