wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 01/11/2006 02:52:11 PM:

> Coworker here (Craig) had an issue where his compile failed but we had a

> devil of a time finding the failure message.  He compiled interactively.

> Nothing in iSeries command log, not even about starting the compile.  No

> messages (and, Jon, good tip, I've been burned that way also).
Resolution
> is to either compile in batch so you get a separate job that jumps out,
> or,
> WRKOBJLCK myusrprf *USRPRF
> and find the QZRSCSRVS WDSC server job.  In there was buried the cause.

We added a shortcut option for this in TurnOver.  Right-click on object on
worklist and do Tools -> Show Compile Joblog (or something like that).
This opens the iSeries joblog view (which can be a bit icky if it is big).
 We originally added the option because things like CRTPGM or CRTSRVPGM
only dump errors to the log and do not produce spooled files.

> Apparently something funny was happening trying to adopt authority on a
> compilation test that normally works fine with promoting a form with
> Turnover.

TurnOver promotions are adopting authority, development compiles do not.

Mark

Scanned for SoftLanding Systems, Inc. and SoftLanding Europe Plc by IBM Email
Security Management Services powered by MessageLabs.