All,

The reply I got on IBM Cloudscape developers forum:

Hi -

Assuming there is a reliable JVM running on the AMD based system
Cloudscape will work fine. The only stated requirement on the page you
reference is that Cloudscape requires a: certified Java Virtual Machine
(JVM).

Java mitigates platform differences. The platforms listed on the page
you refer to are not recommendations but simply the platforms on which
regular testing is performed by the IBM Cloudscape QA group. Resource
limitations prevent testing on all possible hardware + OS + JVM
combinaitons. Note that the most important information in that table is
the JVM and version tested. Even these are not recommendations, simply
what is regularly tested by IBM.

The benefit of Java is that the JVM mitigates interations with and
differences between Operating Systems. The Operating System, in turn,
mitigates interactions with and differences between processor types. So
the processor is two layers removed from the Cloudscape runtime and,
assuming all is working properly with the JVM and OS, will not be an
issue.

HTH,

Charles Wilt
Mitsubishi Electric Automotive America