From: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Pete Helgren
Sent: Tuesday, December 06, 2005 10:25 AM
To: Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries
Subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] Laptop suggestion ?

I have a Gateway M450 (Pentium M 1.5 Ghz) that originally had 1Gb and I
upgraded to 2Gb and I saw no improvement in WDSC performance. However,
when I upgraded to a 7200RPM drive from 5400RPM drive I saw a marked
improvement.

As was mentioned elsewhere, Eclipse is I/O intensive so a FAST hard
drive is where to put your money.

Pete Helgren