From: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Todd Bryant
Sent: Monday, November 21, 2005 11:04 AM
To: wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [WDSCI-L] WDSCi v6 problems

I am testing out WDSCi v6 after having used v5 for a couple of years. I
must preface this by saying that I do only web work with it at the
moment.

Since I have installed it I have had many problems crop up, including
but not limited to:
* Local test server of websphere v6 not authenticating to windows domain
- resolved.
* After turning on Global Authentication on local test server, IDE
console not showing log output - resolved.
* Problem with struts-config.xml not validating for a couple of web apps
- Resolved by restarting IDE.
* Did a "replace with latest from Head" from CVS. Local file would not
show changes until I restarted IDE.
* I started the IDE one morning and was presented with a blank dialog
box and an OK button, so I did the only logical thing and pressed it.
After that I was presented with another dialog box saying some license
had expired or is missing (Sorry I can't be more specific. I dismissed
it without writing it down). Many projects had errors in them, so I
restarted the IDE. All errors were gone but one, listed below:
---------------
Severity        Description     Resource        In Folder       Location
Creation Time
1       IWAE0010E Run-time exception java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError
occurred during validation. The validator being run was Struts
Configuration File Validator and the message thrown was
com.ibm.etools.struts.config.file.identifiers.ConfigFileCache.
CampusWebApp                    November 17, 2005 8:57:33 AM
---------------
Nothing has changed in the classpath. This is the only "current" thing I
have wrong that is not resolved. This is obviously an internal class
used by the IDE. I am going to try reinstalling the IDE as a next step.

My question is twofold - does anyone have any clue on my current error?
And secondly, is this IDE production ready? V5 was pretty darn stable.
We had little to no problems. V6 appears to suffer from little quirks
(view not updating when some file state has changed) to full fledged
bugs. Do your experiences with v6 reflect this, or am I experiencing
uncommon behavior? Thanks in advance.

Todd Bryant
Programmer/Analyst
University of Nebraska Foundation