> From: David Gibbs
>
> This kind of thing has happened to me far too often ... and is the
> primary reason I don't use WDSC to edit iSeries source.

I probably use WDSC as much as anyone on the list, and I don't have this
instability.  I run WDSC on a networked drive with one or more emulators
running over a VPN, and I can't remember the last crash.  I run WDSC on
an underpowered laptop with Windows XP Home and 512MB and I rarely have
this sort of problem (although I CAN crash it if I use it over my cell
phone).

My opinion is that you guys have pretty flaky machines if they dump the
JVM regularly.

> I *DO* use WDSC to edit Java source ... and I don't encounter this
kind
> of problem because I have to save in order to compile.

Actually, you have to save in order to compile RPG source, too, right?
Are you saying you do a lot more coding between compiles in RPG than in
Java?  That may be a difference.  I've gotten used to writing lots of
small procedures, and using a development cycle of "edit a couple of
lines, compile, test".

> Regardless ... a good rule of thumb ... click the save button every 5
> lines of code.

I hit Ctrl-S all the time.  It's just something to do.  Since my source
members are small, Ctrl-S time is negligible.  Typically a save takes
about a second.

Joe