Dave:

<snip>
Is there a way to get the compile commands to "remember" the object
library
and other parameters?  My source is in the Src library and I usually
want
to compile to the Obj or Dev library.  It looks like the compile
commands
keep reverting to the defaults (at least when I bring up the prompted
versions).  Code/400 would reuse the last command values used for the
next
command for the same source type, which was handy.  Having to make the
same
changes to the command every time I use it is kind of a pain.
</snip>

You should be able to modify the compile commands as follows:
- Right-click on source member of type you want to "remember" changes
- Select "Compile --> Work with compile commands..."

This brings up a dialog box.  Select the command you want to change,
update the parm(s) you want consistently changed, then click "Apply" and
close the box.  From this point on the default for that command (for
that source type) is what you changed it to.

I have created my own compile command to use with multiple source types
(it checks the source type, then executes the appropriate compile
command).  In this instance, I would have to change the defaults for
each source type, so I would need to repeat the step for source members
of each type that used my command.  In your instance, you are using the
IBM commands directly, so you may not need to do that.

If you are interested in creating your own compile commands, you may
want to check this out:
        http://www.itjungle.com/fhg/fhg080404-story01.html

Hope this helps,
--Bruce Guetzkow