Running WebSphere Development Studio Client Advanced Edition for iSeries
Version: 5.1.2.5 Build id: 20050622_093

Few questions re: editing SQL Source.

1.      When I open a SQL source member (stored in native file system as
member type SQL), the  LPEX editor shows the source w/the date
displaying. When I right click on the source, uncheck "Show Date Area"
The source view remains unchanged, still sowing the date and treating it
as embedded into the source. Annoying and difficult to edit around.
2.      Is there away to associate a different editor when opening up
source member using the table view (stored in the native file system)? I
know how to do this w/the file associations, but it seems this is only
for PC stored files. I would like to use the WDSC SQL Editor.
3.      As a work around to #2, I created a project and exported my SQL
source member I wanted to edit. When I opened the source w/any editor
(SQL Editor, Text Editor) the date column displayed and is embedded in
the source. Again, annoying....

The only editor that seemed to handle the date column and not embed it
into the source was the Code Editor.

Any suggestions how I can use one of the internal WDSC editors to edit
SQL?

TIA

Chris