 >> Does anyone know if it's possible to create connection with NAT?

I doubt it (other than via a VPN perhaps).  This is a problem that has
plagued me with both the debugger and CODE long before it became an issue
with WDSc.  Luckily with both CODE and RSE I don't need the host initiated
server.  But when working from my home office I cannot use the debugger, or
STRRSESVR, or ..... which limits the utility of the products.

The problem is that the port request is being initiated from the host side.
Since the client did not make a request (at least on that port) the NAT
table hasn't a clue as to who to route the message to - so it just drops
it - you can see it in the router's logs.  I would think that IBM could
avoid this by having an option for the initial request come from the PC with
a response going back from the host saying "OK let's talk on port x then"
(sounds just like a normal sockets communication doesn't it!).  That would
cause the STR... process to initiate on the host ...... and everything would
work.  It would not allow the server to share an interactive job

VPN is not an option for me as I don't control the box on the other end.  So
I'm stuck.

If by some miracle you do find the way, please share with the rest of us who
are suffering through this.  I hear that it will be fixed for the debugger
at some time in the future .... but haven't heard anything about RSE etc.

Jon Paris
Partner400

www.Partner400.com
www.RPGWorld.com