Bruce,

Strange, in the VisualAge RPG Language Reference Chapter 7 "SQL support"
it is said that

The VisualAge RPG embedded SQL support differs from most other
implementations in that there is no separate precompiler for creating the
intermediate file which is then compiled. The embedded SQL statements are
handled during the compile step of the build process.

Your application can be built to use local databases, databases on other
workstation nodes, or databases on other iSeries servers. Any differences
in the level of SQL supported on these other systems are overlooked with
the level of SQL supported on the workstation where the build is
performed. Only the syntax supported by DB2 on the build-time workstation
is allowed.

I understood this as if VARPG can access DB2 P(D)E.  Or is a "local
database" not exactly that?

When referring to the "Quick Beginnings for DB2 Personal Edition", VARPG
is of course nowhere mentioned.

Any IBM'ers on this list care to shed a light here?

Thanks,

Peter Colpaert
Application Developer
Massive - Kontich, Belgium
-----
Yoda of Borg are we.  Futile is resistance, assimilated will you be.
-----

R Bruce Hoffman <bruce.hoffman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
25/04/2005 15:48
Please respond to Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries