(http://subversion.tigris.org/ --
> site is down right now for some reason). I have found a client called
> Subclipse (http://subclipse.tigris.org/ -- Also down). I downloaded the
> version for 2.1 eclipse, but when I tried to install it, the Perspective

> won't open. Has anyone else tried this? Am I missing something, or do I
need
> to try the version 3 of the plugin?

Have you seen this?

http://www.softlanding.com/subversion/index.htm

We have ported Subversion to OS/400 and made it available for free.  I
haven't bothered to say anything on this list yet because of the Subclipse
issue and because I have been busy with release details.

We do a lot of the development for Subclipse.  All development activity
switched over to the Eclipse 3 version about a year ago.  I assumed WDSC
6? would be available long before we had our port finished so this would
be a non-issue.  The version of Subclipse for Eclipse 2.x (WDSC 5.1.2)
does work, it just only has the basic features.  It is also a little bit
more challenging to install than the Eclipse 3.x version.  There are some
DLL's that you need to get on your PATH for it to find them when running
Eclipse.

I would recommend using Eclipse 3.x and/or TortoiseSVN in conjunction with
the WDSC 5.1.2 version.  Those clients are a lot easier to work with as
you are getting started.  Once you know what you are doing, and get the
WDSC version installed correctly, you should be able to use that version
as well.  I have been using it, and continue to use it in WDSC 5.1.2, for
over a year now.  We use it to manage all of our Java/Web source as well
as our web site.

All of tigris.org has been down since yesterday.  They had announcements
posted about this.  They said it would be down for at least 24 hours while
they do a major overhaul to their infrastructure.

Subversion is really awesome, and being able to run it natively on OS/400
is even better.  I would encourage everyone to take a look at it.

Thanks

Mark

Scanned for SoftLanding Systems, Inc. by IBM Email Security Management Services