> From: Dave Shaw
>
> Are you saying that WDSC lacks the ability to open multiple
> views of the same source?

Actually, no, WDSC is not the culprit.  Eclipse does not support this
feature, pretty much because they don't want edits in one screen to have
to be reflected in another screen.  Open several windows with the same
view, and my guess is one keystroke would tend to bog the system down.

> If so, I have to ask IBM why such a basic
> capability for a PC programming editor is missing, since it's one of
the
> things that makes CODE so valuable to me.

As you've read from the messages, there aren't many of us who actually
edit two parts of the same document simultaneously.  Just to be a
devil's advocate, unless I'm modifying a procedure interface, there's
not that much occasion that a change in one portion of the code
necessitates a change in another part (one of the reasons I'm not
particularly keen on the whole PR/PI thing, but that's me).

They may add it at some point; if it gets into Eclipse you'll see it in
WDSC in 6-12 months.

> I can see myself remaining a
> dinosaur who uses the 'classic tools' for a very long time if it's
true.

You'll be limiting yourself significantly, especially if you ever plan
to code anything other than green screen RPG.  Sure, it's a nice feature
to be able to make simultaneous edits in two parts of a source member,
but since I can easily see 60-80 lines on a screen, I just don't need
it.

Joe